Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this blog. It's a new outlet for me. My intent is to encourage, inspire and help us all think a little deeper about our journey in this life. I plan on keeping it real and sharing what's on my heart for the day. Enjoy and God bless you!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wicked, Wonderful Words!

I'm not one of those people who believes, that I can speak my destiny into reality, but at the same time I am. Only in the sense that what I think and say about  myself does become my reality. What I think I can do, I do. What I think is impossible, becomes impossible to me, not because I couldn't do it, but because I never tried. I know from years of experience that my own thoughts have power, for good and for bad. The Bible says that life and death are in the power of the tongue.

I wrote the poem below back in August of 2006, I don't remember what motivated it other than my own thoughts around the power of words. Words do become our actions. We have all read stories, or have our own of being unable to move forward, or make change, or even believe we were smart or capable, based on what was or wasn't said to us.

I again, want to be more conscious of how I speak to myself and others. I would like my words to bring life and not death, encouragement and not judgment, hope rather than despair. Words have wings and they fly, and if they are positive they float higher and higher and bring insight and joy to the hearer. However, if they are full of hate or hopelessness they also fly and hide and cocoon themselves only to birth doubt, and despair. Let's use our tongues wisely and let's speak the peace into this sometimes crazy world. With each breath we have a new opportunity.

Life Spelled Out

It only takes a few letters put together to make a word
It only takes a few words in an orderly fashion to make a sentence
A word or sentence
Spoken or implied
Can speak paragraphs and essays
To the mind and heart
A word of  PEACE or HOPE, spoken in LOVE
Even a simple line of encouragement
Can change things, and lives, now and for generations to come
Words affect our lives
The HIT us!
RUN into us!
SMASH us!
and at times CRUSH us into itty-bitty pieces
They LIFT us
EMPOWER us
Help us SOAR or DIVE  and...
if they don't jive with the truth-
they infest our souls
They cause us to lose hope
and to stop setting goals for ourselves
Words can HEAL or CAUSE SICKNESS
They can SET FREE or ENSLAVE
DROWN US or KEEP US AFLOAT
Words, words, words
What do you say or speak into the lives of others?
What do you say to yourself?
You are speaking your D-E-S-T-I-N-Y
one
SYLL-A-BLE
at
a
time

Charissa Carroll
 2006

No comments: