Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this blog. It's a new outlet for me. My intent is to encourage, inspire and help us all think a little deeper about our journey in this life. I plan on keeping it real and sharing what's on my heart for the day. Enjoy and God bless you!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions!

It's a fresh new year. It's time for new experiences, new living, new hope, new dreams, a new attitude. I am thankful for all of last year. I have learned so much and am excited to learn more. I'm thankful for a fresh start, but I realize that I don't need a new year to have a new start.

My son received a gift of some cute little frog rain boots, but he was scared of the eyes on them. I decided to return them or at least exchange them for a different pair. I made my way to Kmart, only to find out that they do not take returns without receipts. The woman told me to try and contact the giver and see if they still had the receipt or to find out if they used their Kmart rewards card. She was sorry, but there was nothing she could do without a receipt. I honestly thought that was a horrible store policy, but I said okay and went about my way, knowing that I was not going to contact the giver or go through all of that.

I have to admit I was a little irritated, couldn't I at least exchange the boots for a pair, my son wasn't scared of? The answer was a simple "no." Of course this had me thinking for a while about policies, and how different Kmart was from other stores, who would take anything and everything back, no questions asked. Most stores at least gave you a store credit, or gift card.

In light of this new year. I am extra thankful that God does not have a Kmart policy. I know that I need God to accept my returns(my sins, issues,) with no questions asked. I need God to take me as I am with all my imperfections. I need God to take my compulsive purchases and take them back, even without a receipt and I need him to take my regrets and dislikes too. I don't have the energy, nor desire to track down the source of all my stuff or give proof of where it came from. I know God already knows my story and why I do what I do. He knows my heart, and he knows your heart too.

God operates under a Nordstrom policy, he takes everything back, he gives new merchandise for old, worn out, outgrown things. He trades beauty for ashes, strength for fear, gladness for mourning, peace for despair  ( Bible paraphrase). He can give a fresh start without the clock hitting midnight. He does it daily for people.  I'm thankful for God's grace, that allows him to see our deficiency and accept us as is.

My new years resolution is to be more open to the life God has given me, to learn to love people better, love myself a little more too. My resolutions are all under the umbrella of being more open to God and his activity in my life and this world. I want to walk in peace and enjoy each day that I am given with the people God has placed around me.  

Happy New Year, many blessings to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you wrote all that while I was hovering and your son was trying to get your attention! You rock. You are an amazing writer, sis :)

Unknown said...

K-Mart sucks! They wouldn't let me return either and I had the receipt. Hope they all close down.

Kaila said...

I just love you. "God operates under a Nordstrom policy."
Thank you for that. :)