Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this blog. It's a new outlet for me. My intent is to encourage, inspire and help us all think a little deeper about our journey in this life. I plan on keeping it real and sharing what's on my heart for the day. Enjoy and God bless you!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just thinking

    I wonder what it really means to " seek God."  I wonder what it really means to " know someone."
I have sought God, but I don't know that I have sought him like I would if I were trying to look for something meaningful or precious to me. God is like an onion, he has layers and sometimes they make you cry, but they are good tears and worth it in the end. I know a lot of people, but what's missing. I have tasted, in fact feasted on the Freedom God gives, because I have experienced it firsthand in my life. I have also experienced true friendship, so maybe that is "knowing someone." I want to experiment with seeking God in a more intense way. There is a verse in the Bible that says, " Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you..." There is a context to the verse of course, but I also think there is something more. I want to know what that more is.
   
     I would like to study my Bible more. I went to Bible College and I have an AA degree in Biblical Studies. I think in the past, that I took that to mean, I know the Bible. I do know a lot of what the Bible says, but the Bible is not some book, you read once and then talk about. I'ts like the Never Ending Story, it's alive, as you read it, it speaks to you, it changes you... it's filled with life and  power.

Lord, show me what it means to seek you, and what the added things are. Amen

No comments: