Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this blog. It's a new outlet for me. My intent is to encourage, inspire and help us all think a little deeper about our journey in this life. I plan on keeping it real and sharing what's on my heart for the day. Enjoy and God bless you!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Outside Hospitality Packs assembled...

I was out at the store last night. I saw a man lingering in the parking lot. It was late. I could tell he wanted to ask those of us getting in our cars for spare change or something. He seemed to pause them move on. I was trying to think if I had anything to give him, then I remembered that I said I was going to make O. H. packs, my Outside Hospitality Packs. It's the end of the month and I don't know about you but money gets tighter at the end of the month. I went to the store today to pick up a few things for Thanksgiving and knew I needed to buy some items for my O.H. packs. I wanted to, but at the same time, I was thinking that I couldn't afford to do it right now.

I decided I could afford to do something. So, here are my first O.H. packs. They are simple for now. Each one is in a ziplock bag, and on the outside, I wrote, "God Bless you!" the contents are; bottled water, Jack's links beef stick, crackers w/peanut butter, a granola bar and $2.50. I figured you need at least $2.50 to buy something decent to eat with all the new taxes on food. My goal is to make 10 of these a month.

Each month I will vary the contents, in December I would like to put in some gloves, tissue, maybe I will bake some cookies. My goal is to be, "ready to give," I know that I need a plan. I'm not saying I will never give anything besides these, but this is where I can start. This is my way of handling strangers who approach me for change and things. I want to give. I care about these people. I want them to know someone cares. I pray they sense God's love for them. Maybe I will include some resources for shelters, churches etc. too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: