Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this blog. It's a new outlet for me. My intent is to encourage, inspire and help us all think a little deeper about our journey in this life. I plan on keeping it real and sharing what's on my heart for the day. Enjoy and God bless you!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Psalms for Olivia

     My sister Olivia, is still in the hospital. However, the good news is... she is recovering well and should be getting out and coming home on next Wednesday. Please continue to keep her in  your prayers, she still has a bit of an uphill climb ahead of her.  My sister has been through a lot. I remember the first time this brain aneurysm happened to her, we were so scared, and the Doctor's initial reports were not very positive. Back in 2009 when she had her first aneurysm, I wrote these two Psalms for her. They still seem appropriate, because God has remained steady and faithful.
     As Easter is only hours away. I am again reminded of the resurrection of Jesus, his physical one, and the one he has give my sister.  Jesus' resurrection from the grave, gives us all access to  transformation from death to life. He died for us. He lives for us. We are his. In this truth, I rest. In this truth, I live, move, and exist.

Psalm for Olivia


Laugh out loud and cry with me
God has saved me with certainty

He has renewed my mind
Claimed my body in his time

With praise on my lips, I testify
Even though I don't understand why
But I know my God can see
All my life, and all of me

He cares, He knows
He's heard my cry
He knows I want to live
Not die

He's given me a testimony in his name
My life he has reclaimed

Who am I to deserve such a thing
Who am I not to sing
In praise to my King

I magnify you, the Holy One
Amazing things you have done!

For Olivia
Charissa Carroll September 2009

My God 


Who are you, my God who saves
Creating miracles in your own strength

Who are you, my God who hears
Drying and bottling all my tears

Who are you, my God who loves
Freeing my spirit like wild doves

Who are you, my God who heals
In your own way
In your own time
Staying true to your word
To renew my mind

Who are you, my God who sees
My brokenness my misdeeds
My neediness, my hearts desire
My souls ache to acquire
All of you
and less of me
in my human frailty
Yes, you are my God who sees

Who are you, my God who knows
The depth of the ocean
How the human heart grows
and beats
and breaks
and fights to stay awake

Who are you, my God who holds
My broken and weary soul

Who binds me up
With your grace
With a love
Like an embrace

Who are you, my God
My Delight ,who keeps me safe
Through the night
And walks with me in my weary plight
And doesn't get scared or take flight

Who are you, my God
My Soldier always faithful and ready
Geared up, keeping watch, keeping me steady
When I fear, lose sight or forget
My soul declares " He ain't failed me yet"

For Olivia
Charissa Carroll September 2009
(slightly modified 4/23/2011)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very sweet to write a poem for your sister! Glad to hear Olivia is going home soon. Amen to that!